Context parameter 'editingSessionId' not found in test context

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Good morning.

I'm trying to play the recording of my Web Test, during the implementation occurs when a PostBack a message is returned saying that the session was closed.

Searching the Internet I found the "InfoPath Forms Services 2007 Web Testing Toolkit" but when you try'm getting the error message "Request failed: Context parameter 'editingSessionId" not found in test context. " Perform the following configuration for implementation:

·         add the reference "InfoPathExtractionRules.dll" in Project

·         Perform "IpfsWebtestAutoFixer.exe"

o   Select the XML of my recording

o   the recorded in a new file.

·          I run WebTest.

I am forgetting anything else?

Sergio Paulo Gonçalves Souto
analista de sistemas

invit information s e r v i c e s

+ 55 (34) 3223-4000

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM
Which release are you using?  Can you give me a link where you downloaded it?  With the newest release, you should not need to use IpfsWebtestAutoFixer.  You should only need to add the ExtractAndSubstituteDynamicInfoPathData plugin to your originally captured webtest.  Please let me know if you have trouble with that plugin or if you are still having problems.
Nov 18, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I am using the version 20080724 with file creation date 2008-07-21. I did download directly from this site.

Now I am doing well:

·         Record a Web Test;

·         Adding the InfoPathExtractionRules.dll;

·         Insert parameters InvocationPath _layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx and _layouts/FormResurce.aspx;

·         Run Web Test.

·         Error message is displayed for each occurrence of PostBack "Request failed: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: startIndex. "

The parameters InvocationPath correct?
I'm using HTTPS: You can have any relationship with the error?

analista de sistemas

invit information s e r v i c e s

+ 55 (34) 3223-4000

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 10:05 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2008 at 10:11 PM
For most cases, you do not need to specify the InvocationPath parameter of the ExtractAndSubstituteDynamicInfoPathData plugin.  When you leave it blank, the plugin should use _layouts/FormServer.aspx at run time.  Set the InvocationPath parameter back to empty, then give it another try.

However, if you are using InfoPath inside an XmlFormViewControl, then you will need to specify the page in InvocationPath.

I don't think HTTPS should be a problem, but I have not tried it myself.
Nov 19, 2008 at 12:11 PM

My forms are running the Web. I am using XmlFormViewControl.

I am entering the "_layouts / FormServer.aspx"
But while running the error message is displayed "Request failed: There is no context parameter with the name 'CurrentFormData' in the WebTestContext"

Another thing I noticed is that when you run a Web Test recorded the day before a message appears saying that the session expired. This plug-in should not replace the sesionID, solutionId and cannary by current

What should be the correct sequence to run a Web Test. Using XmlFormViewControl?

It would:

• Create a project of the type TestProject
• Add InfoPathExtractionRules.dll in the project
• Save Web Test
• Add the plug-in ExtractAndSubstituteDynamicInfoPathData telling the "_layouts/FormServer.aspx"
• Inform username and password for the execution.
• Run the Web Test recorded file "*. webtest" (It is not necessary to generate the file '*. CS ")

thanks

Sergio Paulo Gonçalves Souto

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2008 at 5:25 PM
It looks like you have the correct sequence for capturing and running the web test except for the value you should use for InvocationPath.

OK, since you are using XmlFormViewControl, you will want to specify the InvocationPath parameter.  You want a string that matches the page that hosts the XmlFormViewControl.  For example, if your page is on http://ServerName/XmlFormView/MyCustomPage.aspx, you can use something like XmlFormView/MyCustomPage.aspx for the InvocationPath parameter.

I have not extensively tested my project with XmlFormViewControl, so there could very well be bugs in it.  Please keep me updated if you still have problems after using an InvocationPath that matches the hosted page.  In that case, I may request some additional information to help me debug, such as a Fiddler capture.  I do appreciate your feedback as this helps me improve the project.
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Good afternoon,

I did the test as you said and it worked.

Only an error is generated when the end comes out of the ASP Page that has the form to a list of SharePoint.
When the error message: "Request failed: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length"

Debug the code generated by Web Test and noticed that the error occurs in the super class.

For my type of test does not have problems with it but it would be good to verify the error.

I am available for further details and thanks for your help.

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2008 at 1:55 AM
I am not familiar with that error message.

Where exactly are you seeing the error message?  Are you seeing it in your browser outside of Visual Studio?  In the Exception section of the Details tab when running a webtest?  On the Web Browser tab when running a webtest?  Somewhere else?

Can you be more specific about which class you determined the error originated?
May 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Hi ,

I am trying to test an InfoPath 2010 form, and have followed the steps mentioned in your post. I have used VS 2010 to capture the web test. However, I am not sure how to add the plug-in ExtractAndSubstituteDynamicInfoPathData. I can see it as part of the classses in the InfoPathExtractionRules.dll. But I am not able to add it.

Can you some shed some light on this.

Thanks for your help.

Shobha